List of Dual-Use Items
The list of dual-use items is determined by the Government of the Republic of Croatia after the Regulation on the List of Dual-Use Items. The List of dual-use items consists of a list of international regimes such as: the Wassenaar Arrangement, the Missile Technology Control Regime, the Nuclear Suppliers Group, the Australia Group and the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction. The adoption of the List, which is harmonized with member countries of the abovementioned regimes, allows the identical classification and export licensing procedure for dual use items to be applied in different countries.
Commerce Control List Categories:
- Category 0: Nuclear Materials, Facilities and Equpment
- Category 1: Special Materials and Related Equipment
- Category 2: Materials Processing
- Category 3: Electronics
- Category 4: Computers
- Category 5: Telecommunications and Information Security
- Category 6: Sensors and Lasers
- Category 7: Navigation and Avionics
- Category 8: Marine
- Category 9: Aerospace and Propulsion
Within each category items are arranged into five product groups that determine the type of use of these products. The groups are as follows:
- Group A – Systems, Equipment and Components
- Group B – Test, Inspection and Production Equipment
- Group C – Materials
- Group D – Software
- Group E – Technology
The last three digits indicate the international control regimes applied:
- 000 to 099 - The Wassenaar Arrangement
- 100 to 199 - MTCR - the Missile Technology Control Regime
- 200 to 299 - NSG - The Nuclear Suppliers Group
- 300 to 399 - The Australia Group
- 400 to 499 - CWC - The Chemical Weapons Convention
Some countries apply national controls whose designations range from 901 to 999. The Republic of Croatia still does not apply its national control list for export of dual-use items.
Each category consists of an itemised list of items containing a detailed description of the items. Each item is identified by a special five-digit alphanumeric code, indicating the type of items, its use and the international regime it is controlled by. The digits in the code indicate the following:
First symbol - the category of items in the list (0-9)
Second symbol - product groups (A-E)
Third symbol - international control regimes applied to it
Fourth and fifth symbol - designate the items in each category and group
Example: 7D005 - "Software" specially designed to decrypt "satellite navigation system" ranging code designed for government use..
List of dual-use items here.
In order to facilitate your way through the List of Dual-Use Items we would like to refer you to the Correlation list between TARIC and the Dual-Use Annex I of the Regulation 2021/821 matched up with the Dual-Use control codes based on Annex I of the Regulation (EU) 2021/821 of the European Parliament and of the Council.