Personal data protection commisioner
Pursuant to Article 20 of the Foreign Affairs Act (“Official Gazette”, Nos. 48/1996, 72/2013 and 127/2013) and Article 18a of the Personal Data Protection Act (“Official Gazette”, Nos. 103/2003, 118/2006, 41/2008 and 113/2011 and 106/12-consolidated text), the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs has appointed a personal data protection commisioner.
The personal data protection official shall perform the following tasks:
- be responsible for lawful processing of personal data within the sense of adhering to the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act and other regulations governing the issue of personal data processing,
- warn the controller of the personal data filing system of the necessity of applying personal data protection regulations in cases of planning and activities that may influence issues of privacy and personal data protection,
- introduce any person engaged in data processing to his or her legal obligations regarding personal data protection,
- be responsible for the fulfilment of obligations under Articles 14 and 17 of the Personal Data Protection Act,
- enable the exercise of the rights of data subjects under Articles 19 and 20 of the Personal Data Protection Act,
- cooperate with the Personal Data Protection Agency relating to the implementation of supervision of personal data processing.
- The personal data protection commisioner shall keep the confidentiality of any information and data he/she becomes aware of in performing his/her duty. This obligation shall continue to be in effect even after ceasing to perform the duty of personal data protection commisioner.
The contact information for the personal data protection commisioner in the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs is as follows:
Mr. Zlatko Balić