Nationals of the Russian Federation
As a Member State of the European Union, Croatia implements the Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the European Union and the Russian Federation
Nationals of the Russian Federation do not require a visa for travel to Croatia, if they are:
- holders of diplomatic passport, based on the Agreement on the facilitation of the issuance o visas, concluded between European Community and Russian Federation;
- holders of official passports, and
- holders of Seaman’s passport and Seafarer´s Identity Document, during performance of their official duties, and upon presentation of the crew list or an extract from that list, based on the Agreement on Mutual Visits, concluded between Croatia and Russian Federation on Mutual Visits.
WHERE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
A visa application should be submitted no earlier than three months before the planned journey at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia or in Visa Application Centres in the following cities:
Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Rostov-on-Don, Krasnodar, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Samara, Krasnoyarsk, Ufa, Vladivostok, Irkutsk, Khabarovsk, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Omsk, Saratov, Perm.
Information regarding Visa Application Centres can be found on the web page: www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/russia/. Only nationals of the Russian Federation and all other nationals with regulated stay in the Russian Federation can apply for a visa at the visa application centre .
No prior appointement for the Visa Application Center is needed. However, all appointements for the Consluar Office of the Embassy should be made through a call centre: +7 499 703 49 85 i +7 499 704 55 82.
For family members of EU/EEA citizens, as well as in cases of an urgent humanitarian reason, no prior appointment is necessary.
A visa application shall be submitted in person. Exceptionally, if there are justified reasons and subject to the prior agreement with the Embassy, an applicant does not have to submit the application in person, but has to collect his/her visa in person at the Embassy. For minors and persons deprived of business capacity visa applications are submitted by their legal representatives
For the purpose of tourism, visa applications may be submitted via agencies accredited by the Embassy. The list of accredited travel agencies
In addition to:
- a visa application form (fully filled out in Latin alphabet and signed in two places); https://mvep.gov.hr/en/consular-information/visas/forms/visa-application/; The application form can be filled out online at https://crovisa.mvep.hr/default.aspx?langId=en link An example of a properly filled-out visa application form https://crovisa.mvep.hr/default.aspx?langId=ru
- a valid travel document (the validity period of the travel document should exceed that of the visa by three months, it must be issued in the previous 10 years and it must contain at least two empty pages for the visa)
- a colour photograph (35x45 mm)
- evidence of paid visa fee,
the applicant shall submit the following supporting documents:
- evidence of valid travel health insurance – for coverage of any costs that might occur during an alien’s stay in Croatia due to:
- urgent medical assistance and/or urgent hospital treatment or
- return to the country of residence because of health reasons or
- transportation in the event of death.
The lowest sum insured must be the equivalent in HRK of €30,000.
Applicants for visas for one or two entries are obliged to provide a valid travel medical insurance policy covering the entire period of their stay in Croatia.
Applicants for multiple-entry visas are obliged to provide a valid travel medical insurance policy covering the period of their first planned stay in Croatia.
Applicants are obliged to take out travel medical insurance with an insurance company in the country of residence. If this is not possible, travel medical insurance needs to be obtained in another country.
Natural or legal persons from Croatia inviting the applicant can obtain a travel medical insurance on their behalf with an insurance company from Croatia.
- documents indicating the purpose of stay
- documents in relation to accommodation
- documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence to cover their stay in Croatia and return to their country of residence,
- documents proving means of transportation and the intention of the applicant to return to hes/her country of residence or to a third country.
A consular officer may request additional documents from the applicant in order for the applicant to substantiate his/her application.
DOCUMENTS INDICATING THE PURPOSE OF THE JOURNEY
The purpose of stay and accommodation is proven by:
- hotel, hostel, camp… - confirmation of hotel or other accommodation booking, proof of payment for package holiday, organised tourist travel, etc.
- private accommodation – confirmation of reservation, along with a copy of a competent office’s decision authorising renting services (local government decision/trade licence)
- use of (personal) property – proof of property ownership (title deed/land register certificate), lease agreement; invitation/declaration by an owner who is a foreign national
- nautical tourism – confirmation of berth reservation/payment in Croatia, excerpt from the register of yachts, charter payment
- one-day trips to Croatia (from Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina) – travel agency’s payment confirmation; rent-a-car confirmation, etc.
Accredited travel agency
The application shall be submitted by an authorised representative of a travel agency for individual or group travels.
The agency shall submit the following documents related to a specific travel:
- a certificate of travel package
- a list of travellers (name, surname, passport number)
- information about accommodation in Croatia (address)
- information about transportation
- group or individual travel health insurance
- a proof of paid visa fees
and for each traveller:
- filled out visa application form, signed manu propria
- a valid passport
- a 35x45 mm colour photo
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents or interview any person from a group of travellers.
For members of official delegations who, following an official invitation, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held by intergovernmental organisations:
- a letter issued by a competent authority of the Republic of Croatia or of the Russian Federation confirming that the applicant is a member of its delegation travelling to Croatia to participate in the aforementioned events, accompanied by a copy of the official invitation .
A written request from a host legal person or company, organisation, or an office or their branches, state and local authorities or organisational committees of trade or industrial exhibitions, conferences and symposia, should be provided.
The written request shall contain the following data:
- for the invited person – name and surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, number of the identity document, time and purpose of the journey, number of entries;
- for the inviting legal person, company or organisation — full name and address: and
- if the request is issued by an organisation, the name and position of the person who signs the request,
- if the inviting person is a legal person or company or an office or their branch established in Croatia – Tax Number.
The written request does not have to be submitted in original.
- Spouses, children and parents of Croatian nationals: marriage or birth certificate.
- Close relatives — spouses, children (including adopted), parents (including guardians), grandparents and grandchildren — visiting nationals of the Russian Federation resident in the Republic of Croatia - a written request from the host person.
The written request should contain the following data:
- for the invited person — name and surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, number of the identity document, time and purpose of the journey, number of entries and name of minor children accompanying the invited person;
- for the inviting person — name, surname and address.
The written request does not have to be submitted in original.
- Friends and relatives –Letter of guarantee by natural person in original or copy if the original is deposited in the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs in Zagreb
https://mvep.gov.hr/UserDocsImages/files/file/obrasci/JamstvenoPismoFizickaOsoba.pdf. The guarantor can be a Croatian national or other nationals with residence in Croatia, who receive income or have financial means in Croatia.The guarantor (the inviting person) should have his signature on the letter of guarantee certified by a public notary and submit the evidence of regular income (salary certificate, pension certificate) for the last three months or relevant bank account statement.
PERSONS PARTICIPATING IN SCIENTIFIC, CULTURAL AND ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING UNIVERSITY AND OTHER EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES
A written request from the host organisation to participate in those activities should be provided.
The written request should contain the following information:
- for the invited person — name and surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, number of the identity document, time and purpose of the journey, number of entries and name of minor children accompanying the invited person
- for the inviting person — name, surname and address; or
- for the inviting legal person, company or organisation — full name and address: and
- if the request is issued by an organisation, the name and position of the person who signs the request
- if the inviting person is a legal person or company or an office or their branch established in Croatia – Tax Number,
- if the inviting person is a legal person or company or an office or their branch established in the territory of the Russian Federation, the tax identification number.
INTERNATIONAL SPORTS EVENTS
A written request from the host organisation, competent authorities, national sport federations or the National Olympic Committee should be provided. In addition to the data about the invited person/s and the purpose and duration of stay, the request should include either the Tax Number of the legal person sending the invitation or the name, surname and function of the person signing the request.
PARTICIPANTS IN OFFICIAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES ORGANISED BY TWIN CITIES
A written request of the head of administration/mayor of these cities should be provided.
DRIVERS CONDUCTING INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Drivers conducting international cargo and passenger transportation services between the territories of the Russian Federation and the Member States in vehicles registered in the Member States or in the Russian Federation shall submit a written request from the national association (union) of carriers, stating personal data and the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips.
MEMBERS OF TRAIN, REFRIGERATOR AND LOCOMOTIVE CREWS
Members of train, refrigerator and locomotive crews in international trains, travelling between the territories of the Member States and the Russian Federation shall submit a written request from the competent railway company of the Russian Federation or the Member States stating the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips.
A certificate or other document issued by a professional organisation proving that the person concerned is a qualified journalist and a document issued by his/her employer stating the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work.
PUPILS, STUDENTS, POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS AND ACCOMPANYING TEACHERS
Pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purposes of study or vocational training in the framework of exchange programmes as well as other school related activities should submit a written request or a certificate of enrolment from the host school/university or student cards or certificates of the courses to be attended.
VISITING MILITARY AND CIVIL BURIAL GROUNDS
An official document confirming the existence and preservation of the burial ground as well as family or other relationship between the applicant and the buried person should be provided.
EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION
- a written request or a letter of guarantee or a letter of invitation (if indicated in the letter),
- confirmation of hotel or private accommodation reservation,
- proof of rental or ownership of property in Croatia,
- proof of yacht rental or ownership, or certificate of charter payment/reservation, etc.
MEANS OF SUBSISTENCE DURING STAY IN CROATIA
- other means of payment (traveller’s cheques, credit cards, etc.),
- bank certificate, the relevant certificate of applicant’s regular income or the regular income of a person legally obliged to support him,
- a notarised statement by which a third legal or natural person undertakes to pay support costs, along with the relevant proof of solvency
MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION AND INTENTION OF RETURN TO THE COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
- reservation or paid return travel ticket or cruise ticket
- registration document and driver’s licence (if travelling by car)
- certificate of employment or school attendance
- proof of property ownership
- proof of finances in the country of residence
- proof indicating the level of integration in the country of residence: family ties, professional status.
The following documents are required:
- a filled out and signed visa application form,
- a valid travel document,
- a 35x45 mm colour photo,
- proof of means of transportation,
- proof of means of subsistence,
- travel health insurance,
- documents proving the possibility of entry into the country of final destination (e.g. visa)
For nationals of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION, pursuant to the Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the European Union and the Russian Federation
Visa fee is charged for processing a visa application at the moment of its submission. It should be paid in roubles in the amount equal to that in EUR.
Visa fee is not refunded if the visa is refused.
Short-term visa *
(for processing visa applications in cases where the application and supporting documents have been submitted by the applicant withing three days before his/her envisaged date of departure)
*pursuant to Art. 6 of the Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the European Union and the Russian Federation
The following categories of persons are exempt from visa fees upon application:
- Close family members of a Croatian national (spouse and minor children),
- Children up to the age of 12,
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports travelling in their official capacity,
- Pupils, students, postgraduate students and teachers accompanying them when they come to attend school, study and professional training,
- Representatives of non-profit organisations up to the age of 25, who are to attend seminars, conferences, sport, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations,
- Family members of citizens of EEA Member States (EU + Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein,Switzerland)
and, in accordance with the Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas:
- close relatives — spouses, children (including adopted), parents (including guardians), grandparents and grandchildren — visiting nationals of the Russian Federation legally residing in the territory of Croatia
- members of official delegations following an official invitation
- members of national and regional governments and parliaments and of constitutional and supreme courts
- disabled persons and the person accompanying them, if necessary
- persons who travel on humanitarian grounds, including to receive urgent medical treatment and persons accompanying such person, or to attend a funeral of a close relative, or to visit a seriously ill close relative
- participants in international youth sports events and persons accompanying them
- persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, including university and other exchange programmes
participants in official exchange programmes organised by twin cities