Letter of guarantee
1. Applicants travelling go Croatia for a private visit, invited by a natural person, shall enclose with the visa application a letter of guarantee by natural person as proof of the purpose of their visit, filled out by the guarantor – a natural person from Croatia.
The guarantor can be a Croatian national or other national with residence in Croatia who receives income or has financial means in Croatia.
The guarantor shall also present proof of regular income (salary certificate, pension certificate) for the last three months or the appropriate bank account statement.
The guarantor's signature on the letter of guarantee shall be certified by a public notary.
If the guarantor is present when submitting the visa application, the signature on the letter of guarantee may also be notarised (certified):
- by the Croatian Embassy if the guarantor is a Croatian national, or
- by the competent authority of the receiving state, if the guarantor is a national of other country.
The Embassy/Consulate keeps the original letter of guarantee and the applicant receives a copy of the letter of guarantee, so that he/she may present the evidence of the purpose of their stay in Croatia if requested to do so by a border control authority.
2. Applicants travelling to Croatia for a business visit, invited by a legal person, shall enclose with the visa application a letter of guarantee by legal person as proof of the purpose of their visit, filled out by the guarantor – a legal person from Croatia.
The guarantor shall enclose with the letter of guarantee a document proving liquidity ("Bon 1" or "Bon 2", or certificate of the commercial court that no liquidation proceedings have been initiated etc.).
The letter of guarantee shall be signed by the person authorised to represent the guarantor and certified by an official stamp.
The Embassy/Consulate keeps the original letter of guarantee and the applicant is given a copy of the letter of guarantee to present as a proof of the purpose of stay in Croatia if so requested by the competent border control authority.
3. Depositing the Letter of Guarantee at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
Croatian natural and legal persons may also deposit the original of the letter of guarantee at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs.
In this case, they must pay the prescribed administrative fee of HRK 140.00 according to Tariff Number 78.a of the Act on Administrative Fees:
Recipient: THE CROATIAN STATE BUDGET
Account number: IBAN HR1210010051863000160
Reference: 5002-721-guarantor’s tax number
Description of payment: STORING OF THE LETTER OF GUARANTEE (Tariff No. 78.a)
Payment order link
The original of the letter of guarantee shall be accompanied with:
- proof of guarantor’s solvency,
- proof of paid administrative fee,
- indication of a Croatian Embassy/Consulate where the invited person will submit a visa application.
The letter of guarantee can be submitted in person or by mail to:
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
Division for Visas
Petretićev trg 2.
NOTE: All sections of the letter of guarantee shall be legible. Please note that you have to clearly specify the costs to be borne by the guarantor and those to be borne by the invited person in the “Costs of visitor’s stay to be borne by…“ section.