- Published: 16.06.2020.
Temporary suspension of the lodging of a visa application
Until further notice, the lodging of a visa application at the Croatian Embassies/Consulates is temporarily suspended.
Suspension of receipt of the visa application does not apply to the following categories of persons:
- family members of Croatian nationals (spouse and child);
- persons who have been granted temporary residence for the purposes referred to in Article 47 of the Aliens Act (Official Gazette, Nos. 130/11, 74/13, 69/17 and 46/2018), or have been issued a residence and work permit in the Republic Croatia;
- healthcare professionals, healthcare researchers and collaborators, experts in care for the elderly and persons requiring urgent medical treatment,
- goods carriers and other transport personnel, to the extent necessary;
- diplomats, police officers in the performance of their duties, civil protection services and teams, international organizations staff and international military personnel in carrying out their functions;
- passengers in transit, provided that they prove the possibility to enter the country of destination;
This category of persons also includes seafarers in transit, and seafarers who come to Croatia for embarkation/disembarkation
- persons traveling for urgent personal reasons, such as:
- death of a family member - attendance to funeral,
- serious and urgent health reasons provided that medical documentation and a hospital invitation is presented,
- ownership of a real estate,
- ownership of a vessel including lease.
These categories of persons are obligated to comply with the measures of the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia, in order to strengthen control over the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 for Croatian and foreign citizens entering the Republic of Croatia.